Custom foot orthotics are specially-made devices that fit inside most shoes. They match the contours of your feet precisely, and are designed for the way you move. Dr. Foster evaluates and scans your feet and a shoe insert is built especially for you.
You do not need to be a spine care patient to be assessed for orthotics. Just call the clinic and we can set an appointment specifically for orthotics.
Orthotics can help anyone with discomfort relating to walking, or imbalances in the body that are known to cause related pain. A tremendous benefit of custom orthotics is that they can be worn on a daily basis and utilized during most activities.
Our body is an interdependent system and when one part is not functioning properly, it can negatively impact other parts leading to over or diminished use. Physicals exist because it is necessary to be examined from head to toe, literally, down to each and every toe, and specialists alone cannot effectively treat our entire body. Chiropractic medicine takes a holistic and comprehensive approach to the body to help ensure and optimize functioning so that we can live our daily lives more easily.
Dr. Foster encourages the use of custom orthotics to help treat a variety of problems in the system of our bodies ranging from back and joint pain, foot discomfort, and posture issues. Custom orthotics are created by scanning and assessing not only your arches, but also how you distribute your body weight on your feet, and a one-of-a-kind solution is created especially for you to provide relief. Custom orthotics provide the support and relief that is nearly impossible to find with over-the-counter solutions and based especially on your unique body, for optimal success. Here are five reasons why orthotics can help your entire body:
- Orthotics influence all of the moving parts in your body Although orthotics slip into your shoes, they actually influence all of the moving parts in your body. When your feet have properly stabilized, the rest of your body moves with greater ease and harmony. Orthotics really help with posture so if you are someone who slumps a lot or favors one side over another, wearing orthotics will help correct your posture and movements. Orthotics are favored by athletes like runners because of how wearing them while working out can positively influence the way the entire body moves.
- Orthotics evenly distribute your body weight Orthotics are frequently used to treat plantar fasciitis and relieve discomfort from other joints in the body like ankles, knees, hips, and lower back pain. One of the reasons why custom orthotics are a great solution for these issues is because wearing orthotics evenly distributes your body weight. If you are a person who spends a lot of time on your feet, then wearing orthotics and having an equal distribution of your body weight can make long periods of time on your feet much more manageable for your entire body. An even distribution of body weight means that you will not feel aches and pain in other areas at the end of a long day such as your back or hips.
- Orthotics can help you move faster and more easily Orthotics are one of the best ways to alleviate discomfort in the feet, knees, hips, and lower back. Once that pain is gone, you can move faster and with greater ease. Custom orthotics are designed for each person’s unique foot to provide optimal support and comfort. What many people do not realize is that there are three arches in the foot, each one needing special support. Someone who is flat-footed in one arch, may not be in another, so a custom orthotic provides specific support which helps keep us on our feet. Many people who have lifestyles that require them to spend a lot of time standing like teachers and police officers find that wearing custom orthotics helps them stay on their feet with greater ease.
- Orthotics protect your body from future injuries Wearing orthotics help prevent your body from future injuries for several of the reasons mentioned above like evenly distributing your body weight, but also by supporting the various areas of your feet. Orthotics can help relieve and prevent issues such as plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and bursitis, as well as protecting you from injuries like twisted ankles, back strains, and unnecessary hip and knee pain.
- Orthotics support the foundation of your body (the feet) The feet are the foundation of the body. Therefore, it’s essential to ensure the foundation remains in top condition. However, as people age and due to lifestyle choices, our feet can change. We can get arthritis, our arches can collapse, and our posture can change. Custom orthotics are designed to support your foundation to help the feet, as well as the rest of the body, operate efficiently and without pain and discomfort.
Foot Levelers is the leading custom orthotic provider in the U.S. and if you are interested in finding out more information about custom orthotics, reach out to Dr. Foster. After a brief scan, your feet will be assessed and your custom orthotics designed and made especially for you and your body.